Suffolk SAVID Safer Village Driving
Speeding is one of the most common issues raised at village meetings. It concerns most people whether you’re a pedestrian walking along a village road, a cyclist or someone simply trying to get out of their driveway! Not only does speeding make the roads in our villages feel more dangerous, it also reduces the quality of rural life.
Speeding is one the main factors in fatal road accidents (Department for Transport ‘Think’ Campaign website).
More than half of fatal road accidents in Britain occur on country roads. (Reported Road casualties Great Britain 2015, Department for Transport 2015 table RAS30006)
WHAT ARE SAVID’S AIMS?
- To seek common areas where member villages can work co-operatively to encourage safer driving and observance of speed limits within our joint localities.
- To share, where appropriate, resources to achieve the above aim.
- To work as a body with public and private organisations to effect improvements in driving and observance of speed limits in our villages.
- To achieve measurable reduction of speeding in our villages.
- To improve road safety and quality of life within our villages.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Attend SAVID meetings to learn more and "have your say".
- Observe the speed limits – don’t be bullied into going faster.
- Display a speed sticker on your wheelie bins. (Contact us for speed stickers and availability).
- Support SAVID initiatives as they arise.
- Support other initiatives such as Community Speed watch.
SAVID aims to hold four meetings per year. The Chairperson and location of the meeting will be on a rotating Parish Council village member basis, with different villages hosting and chairing the scheduled meetings in turn. The SAVID Meetings Rota can be viewed here.
The next scheduled meeting location and date details can be found in the calendar on the left side of this page and the latest meeting agenda can be found here.
For more information email SAVID
Disclaimer : Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Suffolk SAVID. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.